Monday, June 7, 2010

Farewell Willow.





I had gotten up way to early it was about 4am...I was not having an enjoyable sleep...due to some nasty mesquito bites and other things...I finally made it back to bed just as the intense..."I'm up way to early and still really sleepy" feeling hit me. About 15 mins after I went back to bed we heard a bang and then what sounded like a train...we both said "What the hell was that"? After checking on Shy who at that min was still sleeping. We grabbed a couple of cigs and headed out to see what happened. I knew before we went out it was the willow tree. It sounded like it was going to come through the roof over our bedroom...sure enough it was the willow tree...unfortunately all the love and care we have been showering on her since we moved in are for not. She was literally uprooted from the ground...Now the work begins...we have to get her down...were hoping to use whats left of her for fire wood this winter. I am truly saddened by this. I adored that tree...She was so large and beautiful. So now the clean up.

0 comments: