Monday, May 11, 2009

Finally an interesting weekend!

Okay so it's been forever since I blogged, mostly because not a whole lot has been going on. Chet was rained out of work for a week. He's back to work and working overtime to boot. Shy is still doing wonderful at school. I have been delving into my role of "Domestic Goddess" with gusto. Other than that it's pretty much been business as usual at the Turner mansion. I use the term mansion very loosely! This weekend however was a total un-norm for us....un-norm....yep that sounds like it's a word or one that should be if it isn't.

J came into town to hang out and go to the Slipknot concert with Chet. It was one of our graduation presents for her. We also got her a leather journal, 'cause no doubt college is gonna give her plenty to journal about! She got in about 2am Sunday morning and her Chet and I stayed up till 6am talking and catching up. Then we all went to bed....I'm not sure what time Chet got up....way to early, but I got up around 10 and of course I promptly woke J up. We all had a delish breakfast, thanks to Big Daddy of course. Then we got dressed and J went and had lunch with a friend of hers and when she got back Chet and I went to his Aunt and Uncles and Shy went with J to take birthday presents to her cousin. When everyone got back to the house Big daddy and J got ready and headed off to the concert. Shy and I made up some leftovers for dinner and then cuddled up in Big daddy and I's bedroom and watched Mamma Mia....for the 2,847 time! We had a really good time having a little bonding moment...we love to sing along with musicals! I dozed off on the couch after Shy went to bed and around 11 I started texting Chet he said the traffic was insane and they were gonna be awhile. They got home about 1 soaked through with sweat and I don't even know what else. They were so excited about the concert talking about how fun it was. I was just glad they had a good time. J was super stoked to find bruises on herself from the concert.

So on Monday I got up and got the girls off to school and after they were on their way I went back to bed. J was still sleeping so I figured I could get a good hour or two more. We got up about 10am. J wanted to go get her industrial piercing so we got around and I did a few mundane Monday responsibility's and we were off to get her piercing. Along the way I mentioned that I had thought about getting a nose piercing. She of course was like, totally you have to it would be so cool! After we got to the tattoo parlor I thought about it and had totally talked myself out of it, when on a whim I decided to text Chet and see what he thought....I was thinking he would be appalled by the idea and that would clench it up for me.....no he was so totally for it....Damn....now I might actually have to do it....crap....so before I could change my mind I gave the man the money and signed on the dotted line. It was painful, more than an ear, but less than a tongue. Now that it's been a couple of hours it's kinda throbbing a bit, I keep twisting and turning it. I am however already thinking of uber cute nose rings I've seen.

Now a little more detail about Sat. Chet's aunt called him and told him to come over for lunch actually she invited the whole family. Unfortunately Shy and I already had plans. So Chet went over to his aunt's and Surprise! His Grandpa and Grandma from Texas were in town! It had been a really long time since Chet had seen them. To say he was stoked was an understatement. He came home in a stellar mood. Although we had plans most of the next day with Jess he told me he wanted us to go over on Sun. so I could meet them. Now as everyone knows the tension between Chet's family and myself couldn't be cut with a knife....You would need a chainsaw....but he was so excited, he wanted so bad for us to be able to visit with them. So I took a deep breath and agreed. I gotta admit I was not looking forward to being treated as the unwanted guest. Much to my relief and surprise, I was treated wonderfully! Chet had told me many times when I finally met D and R I would love them and he was right I did love them. They were fun and I can't wait to know them better. They told us we had to come visit, and I am totally stoked to make it happen. T went out of her way to make sure I felt welcome, she was warm and friendly. I had a really good time. It was fun conversation. After all my worrying I was so happy I went and I was super stoked that Chet was so thrilled he got to spend some time with his family and his wife! All in all it was a wonderful experience.

So between the family, concerts, stress, introductions, late nites, and body piercings....it was truly the most fun weekend in a long while! The worst part was saying good bye to J. I can't wait to see her again! She truly is a most wonderful and amazing human being and I feel truly blessed to know her.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe you got your nose pierced! You are much braver than I.. Can't wait to see pictures of it! I'm sure you ROCK IT!