Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Wonderful Day!

Oh we had such a wonderful day! We started by going shopping....what great day doesn't begin this way! We got Shy a new swim suit...It's too adorable....and very patriotic I might add....she also got three really great outfits! In large part to BigDaddy who was working the floor while I handled the dressing room....after doing things like shopping for her clothes and swimsuits by myself for so long I had never realized how wonderful it could be to have help....anyone who knows me knows I am not one of those...spend all day in the store or five different stores finding three really great outfits...kinda girl. I am much happier going in getting lucky and getting out. Today was a dream shopping trip for me...she choose three suits we tried them all on and told her to pick her favorite...it literally took 15mins to get the suit...Whoo Hoo...then she tried on three pairs of pants so we knew what size to go after and away we went a quick stop on the way out for a new pair of flip flops to match the new suit...a summer must have...and we were on our way!! Voila...my idea of a perfect and successful shopping trip!

Then my part of the day....for Easter this year we got Shy a gift card for a pedi and mani...one of her most favorite activities in the world...however she was grounded on Easter and for weeks afterward...part of the now infamous...we can walk anywhere we want to even if we were told no and no one knows were going or where were going incident....the first weekend she was ungrounded she was with her father and the next weekend J came and stayed for the weekend, so we finally got to it this weekend....It was amazing I just love my ultimate pedi....the massage chair, the warm water, my mp3 in my ear, the massage, the hot rocks, the warm towel, the scratchy rubby stuff, the exotic and intoxicating smell of the lotions, the finale of the uber cute toes...ahhhh I can not tell you how happy this simply yet luxurious act makes me feel...I believe pedi's are proof the Goddess loves us and wants us to be happy. Shy was right next to me getting her pedi on as well she was sooo cute she kept looking over at me and then laying her head back and closing her eyes....she was really getting into it...I love that my girl knows these kind of small yet wonderful little pleasures of life....her future husband in screwed!

Then our nails I went with a totally unlike me color and I am quite happy with it! BigDaddy described it as too bubble gum like for me....it's not bubble gum color it's darker but it is a bit lighter than I usually go...my usual is black...so I was thrilled that I liked the way it looked. I have been doing my nails so long I see it more as maintenance than a sheer joy but when Shy is with me her excitement is catching...so even simple maintenance was relaxing and joyful today.

After our spa session we headed off to spend some attention on BigDaddy who can be even worse to shop for than Shy. Unlike the norm this also went really well and in about 30mins we were out the door. We got home after visiting some friends. Shy was quite bored and asked me to play a game with her....a Hannah Montana CD game. I being the attentive and fun loving mom that I am agreed....so after I did some quick updates on my many blogs and scrap sites, I sat down and began the game before this thing was over I was dancing to Hannah Montana music like I was a ballerina, singing Hannah Montana with Shy as a duet as loud as possible and acting out words such as paparazzi and band! Shy was thrilled and I am never above making myself look like an ass to impress my kid! We had a wonderful dinner....discussing our days and the upcoming inevitable leaving of BigDaddy. Then decided we would start a game of Monopoly on Sun. that should take us through Mon.

So all in all it really was an incredibly wonderful day...while Shy nor I are looking forward to BigDaddy being gone I'm glad were a strong enough family unit that we make the most of the time we have. Even though all is not rosy all the time days like today remind me to keep loving, laughing, singing, and cherishing this most precious of all our many blessings....Each Other!

0 comments: