Monday, November 3, 2008

A Factual Accounting of a Housewife!

So It's my first day as a re-elected "Domestic Diva" or "Lady of Liesure" or "Desperate housewife" or "Bon-Bon eating, Day time talk show watchin,
soap opera obsessed, shamelessly mouth flapping gossiping, Proud mother and wife, flag waving, Stay at home mom!" And as such I feel this blog will surely turn out to be the never published, yet fascinating account Of a Housewife! Man.....I wish I could be funny this "account of a housewife" would, I think be alot more interesting in a "funny" setting....I however have very little sense of humor and even when I try to be ....well....funny I find I am usually the only one in the conversation that get's it. So this will simply be a factual accounting of a housewife.

I have decided to spring clean for the first couple of weeks....we have an extreamly small house so while I feel this will be a beneficial venture, I am somewhat dissmayed by the size of the venture. I figure it's a matter of organization on my part....everyone still awake.......so I decided to start with a small, but not to small a room.....I have decided to work one room at a time, with the hope that each room only takes 1 day. So Today I cleaned our bedroom, I will now relay this experience!

I decided clean the top of our closet, one of our biggest space issues are clothes, so I figured if I could clean out the top of the closet I could use it as a place to put more clothes! I started by walking into the door....no I'm not getting that detailed....I walked into the door....as in smash....have you ever had that experience of being so convinced the door would just open when you wiggled the knob and pushed....I've done it a hundred times and this time was no different....however the door didn't move....and my body doesn't stop that quickly....reflexes of a cat I have not....Once I put my contact back where it belonged and established my nose was not broken or bleeding as I had first suspected....although I have never had a broken nose and therefore really am no judge of this so it may very well be broken....not that I'm being whinny about it. I got the top of the closet cleaned out and figured out my organizational plan, and was just putting this into effect when.....I was reaching for a basket above my head and it dumped on me.....yep dumped....that wouldn't have been so big a deal but it had jewelry making kits in it.....yep hundreds of little beads and charms and jems go flying every where.....so as I'm on my hands and knees sweeping up the beads and string and other crap....it hits me this is why every mother should have a once a week maid paid for by the government....job assistance....any way I get the bedroom done and move onto the laundry I want to put the clothes away in the top of the closet to make sure everything will fit....I have 4 loads just washed and dryed yesterday....I fold them as I watch worthless t.v.....I have some towels and socks sitting on the couch cushions while I put some other clothes away....I'm gone for 30secs tops I return to the living room to find Cleo our wanderful english bulldog happily snoring all over my clean folded clothes.....I nearly cried.....I then pulled myself together and showed great restraint.... in the fact that the dog is still living.... and simply threw the clothes on top of the pile back in the laundry and put the rest of the clothes away....so laundry folded....not all put away.... I went to the kitchen to do the dishes....but all went pretty well in here....I mean....I washed....they dried....I put away....pretty normal....then I sat down to blog about my day and how I almost cried today....I laughed....I relaxed....I accomplished....I succeded....Now I remember why this is one of the greateset jobs I ever had!

0 comments: