Sunday, March 22, 2009

Turner family week.

Ok, so It's sat nite and it's time for the Turner family "Week in review".

On Monday of this week I was told by my boss I would not be needed after Friday. So while I was saddened by this announcement, she was in hysterics.....I decided right then to try to keep a stern, and positive attitude about the situation. I sent her a very honest heartfelt, and beautiful e-mail. She was feeling better after that.


It was Shy's spring break this week and she was overly excited to be seeing the kids. I took her to work with me everyday, but Fri. She stayed over on Sun night, that started her week off with a slumber party! Needless to say she seemed to have a wonderful week, and I'm happy to report her attitude which we have begun referring to as "code red", was for the most part in check this week. She was helpful and compliant....it was good to just get along again. She had a friend stay Tues night. All the girls had a blast!

On Thursday Shy and I were headed home and went shopping! I had told her when the week began, if she did chores she could earn money. Our own house was spotless on account of we all came home Monday and cleaned furiously....due to out of town company. So the agreement was she would do chores at work, resulting in cash. It had been such a long time since she and I had been shopping I wanted to go and help her spend it! She got a couple of silly things and I got a couple of silly things, and then we went to Starbucks! We had the same thing her's was of course minus the 2 shots of espresso, but it was super fun! She went to her father's later that evening,

Chet worked all week, as usual, and he finally heard back from the Dr. office....they called to tell him test results would be another week or two.....the rate at which modern medicine moves is staggering! I guess I should just be thankful he's not dying.....he would have to postpone it until the tests were back.

My week was pretty great! I got to see some very close friends, make some truly fun future scrapbook plans! I also had a couple of the worst shopping trips ever...I can't really blog about them....it would take to much coffee! I did thoroughly enjoy my last week with the kids. It was good to get to know them all again. I got some great pics and I can't wait to scrap them! We watched Mamma Mia twice a day everyday!! No exceptions! I was ok with that I have been in love with the movie since Chet and I took shy to see it in the theatre! That movie trip turned out a lot better than our last.....Sunday last we took Shy to see Coraline....about 45mins into it Derby lost power....yeah like half the town! We did get tickets to see it again, but it kinda ruined the mood.

On Thursday night,Chet and I did some shopping and tried to get to bed a little early....didn't work, but we had a good nite that included a final visit from family. We had two members of family in town this week and I couldn't have been more excited to see either one, it was great to catch up, and talk! On Friday I worked and after I met Chet at home and we got ready to go out with friends, we had a great dinner and some fun afterwards, it was wonderful to catch up with them.....we really don't hang out enough. It was ruder!!! (private joke)


On Sat we set out to buy some of the supplies for the bathroom floor.....and before the day was over, we had expanded our family. We adopted a beautiful, Newfoundland, his name is Kody, and I will be posting pics and making announcements! Shy has yet to meet our new family member so I am really eager to see her and Kody interact. I will be returning to my glamorous life of domestic goddess, tomorrow when I will catch up all the laundry and do my best to stay on top of the mess, right now it looks pretty good, but I'm thinking a 129 lb baby boy can change that.....quickly! I Hope you all had a wonderful week! I hope you have an even better one this week!

1 comments:

twinkle teaches said...

You poor thing. Stay strong about the job situation. Hugs and prayers sent your way. I am a nanny and my work has really slowed...I am worried about being laid off.
tina