Friday, May 16, 2008

OPTIMISM

Okay so if the universe is trying to tell me something I am apparently not getting it. If some people had been privy to some of the things that had been happening lately to us and our wedding plans, some people might suspect the whole things just not supposed to happen at all. However some people just don't know us very well. I have tried to adopt a positive no matter what happens it will be okay attitude. I am laughing or trying to laugh off the constant stream of stupidity, ignorance, unlucky happenstance and just plain rudeness, that we have been battered with recently. If it rains on the big day it is said to be a sign of good luck. I predict it will be hotter than hell and humid as Alabama in the summer. I also predict that on our 20th wedding anniversary when I feel the need to have another wedding and we decide to renew our vows that it will all be smoother and a much easier process. I feel the need to constantly remind myself that the people who really matter the friends and family who are trying and succeeding in being supportive are the only ones we should take into account.
I know we couldn't be happier about the upcoming nuptials, and I have to believe in the old fairy tale theory that good always trumps evil. Even as I write this I wonder what the next disaster will be I think about it smiling because I know it wont stop us and once again I'm trying to be positive. It's not the most romantic beginning to a fairy tale but its our fairy tale, not those Grimm brothers. So its supposed to be more real, and its supposed to reflect us and our lives. If everything went off without a hitch it would be a fictionalized account, not a fairy tale. Not that it is or was or will be a "fairy tale" but with a love like this I gotta think if Cinderella or sleeping beauty lived in my town we would have things to talk about. We would have things in common. They would have better complexion, but after all they are a drawn and colored cartoon. So I must just be thankful for what the universe has given us, each other, good friends, some great family (even if we are all crazy), great kids, lovely animals, and health. I've always heard that it's not getting what you want it's wanting what you've got. I know right now I will prolly never stop wanting for more, but I also gotta admit what I got is pretty damn good, and I let to many days go by without reminding myself of that fact. So to all the doubters, and naysayers, to all the saboteurs, and those looking down their noses at us I say thank you. Thank you for taking any interest at all even if you choose to do so in a negative light.

Oh and one more thing to all of you who hope for nothing good for us Watch this!!

0 comments: