Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008....Hello 2009

So today is the last day of 2009, and I (which is typical of me) am looking back over the year. There have been massive disappointments, and huge glorious, wonderful moments. Here are some of the best and worst!

The best!!
We got married
We had a beautiful wedding
We had wonderful friends and family attend our wedding
We went on an amazing honeymoon
I made existing friendships stronger
I forged new friendships
I discovered friends I didn't know I had
We went on some great Girl Scout trips
I fell even more in love with my husband
I watched in awe as my daughter grew another year
Our girl overcame some major troubles in school
I forgave some
I apologized when I needed to (sometimes)
I listened more
I enjoyed more
I breathed deep
I rediscovered my spirituality
I (tried) to stress less
We had a beautiful Christmas


The Worst!!
I lost great friendships
The B family chose to end their relationship with our family
T (unsuccessfully) tried to ruin our wedding
Our girl had some major troubles in school
I was laid off
The car died
There were times when money was tight
There were times when money was non-existent
The unemployment office jerked me around
We got taken by people we thought were friends


So as you can all see the good definitely outweighed the bad. As a new year begins I hope for my own family as well as everyone else's a wonderful year full of more "bests" than "worsts". I wish happiness and joy and love and peace for all of our friends, and our enemies. Be well everyone. Blessed Be!!

0 comments: