Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Your not here.....

It's late...after midnight...your in some (I'm sure) not so nice hotel in a town I had never heard of before we knew you were going there. I can't sleep I told you I wouldn't be able to. I know you've only been gone twenty-four hours...and I know it's ridiculous to miss you like I do...I think about our very best friends L & J and I know it's totally selfish to feel the way I do....they have it so much worse....and yet I can't help feeling somewhat lost. I took a vitamin today...and I fed the dog...with actual dog food. I walked into our bedroom to go to bed tonight and I laughed and teared up....because you turned the heater up before you left...you know I like it warm, and you know I don't know how to do it. It's hard to explain to people why I feel the way I do when your not around....sometimes it's hard for me to understand it myself. I love you, of course I do, but this feeling of....emptiness that's here when your not...I never expected that ever. Don't misunderstand I'm not one of those women who is defined by her husband....It's just that your more to me than just a husband, your more than just the guy I feel comfortable with, more than just the guy who pays the bills, more than just the guy I share a bed with, more than just the guy who takes out the trash, or drives me around, or hugs me, or deals with my craziness....Your my friend, my confidant, my sounding board, my co-pilot, my partner in crime, my tuck in buddy, my lover, my everything. I missed talking to you today with the laziness I have grown accustomed to. I missed my good morning and hunny I'm home kiss....I knew it would be no fun, but this rush of emotion....I wasn't prepared for...I guess I just miss my friend. I love you and I will see you soon my love...my friend. I'm gonna go to bed now...I won't be sleeping alone the rest of our small family is already in bed...our bed...I guess they felt some sense of emptyness as well.

0 comments: