Saturday, August 30, 2008

The purpose of pictures!

I have rediscovered the purpose of pictures. Though I am an avid scrapbooker and I love and cherish the time I spend doing it, I think I forgot the the purpose for awhile. I love the artistic outlet it gives me and the relaxation factor of it....even when I'm not even sitting in a comfortable position. I love that my grandchildren will have more than just some pictures scattered in an album to relate to. Lately It has seemed I have been slapping out layouts trying to get better at the cosmetic value....I have been trying to make them pleasing to look at. I think what I have missed is the feeling. I have forgotten to try to make the feeling of what I'm scraping come out. I was reminded of that tonight as I looked at pictures of our wedding. It's hard when your in a moment to appreciate and take it all in....it's hard to just enjoy it. Tonight however I got to relive the wedding from a different perspective and It brought back all the joy and happiness from the day. That is after all just what pictures are supposed to do, allow you to relive a moment at any time. They are supposed to let us go back in time any time we pick them up. In my mind scrapping is supposed to be pics on steroids. I think, like I said I lost that for awhile. I am remembering it, and looking at our wedding pics tonight was....totally joyous for me. Another huge thank you to everyone who helped us pull it all together, and make it our perfect day!!

0 comments: